Tuesday 6 May 2014

Free Range Cashmere

Duh, Ashley. 

I remember seeing this LA Country Fair video a couple years ago, but I recently stumbled across another one, which is pretty funny too.

Now, I don't want to make fun of anyone that doesn't know the difference between a cow and a sheep because in some way I feel like ranchers and farmers are a little to blame for the disconnect. I think at some point we forgot that there are millions of people that have never stepped foot on a farm, and we are going to have to make ourselves available to answer their questions.

On the other hand, I think consumers need to take a little more interest in their food choices. Children need to be shown that food doesn't come from a grocery store, rather the fields that surround their cities. Food doesn't come from a package, it comes from soil and animals. So consumers, I challenge you as well. If you have questions, do be shy. Farmers LOVE talking about their livelihoods and will be more than willing to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment